Environmental stewardship is a priority at every level of Volt. Our "Go Green" initiative, launched in 2007, aims to reduce Volt's environmental footprint by committing to reducing, reusing, and recycling whenever possible. Our success is measured by the positive steps we take as individuals locally and as a company globally. Volt's activities were recognized with the inaugural ASA Care Award for Corporate Responsibility from the American Staffing Association.
Go Green Initiative
Volt's company-wide programs focus on greater environmentally responsible actions:
- Education – "Green tips" encourage employees to undertake environmentally responsible actions
- Conservation – Paper recycling, online employee service portals, plus increased use of electronic documents, reduce paper consumption
- Procurement – Formalized policies mandate sourcing of office products from "green" suppliers
- Sustainability – Through protection of natural habitat, our West Region headquarters achieved recognition by the National Wildlife Federation as a certified wildlife habitat
In 2012*, Volt's Go Green Initiative:
- Saved 1,320 trees
- Recycled 155,279 pounds of paper
- Saved 543,475 gallons of water
- Reduced electricity consumption by 318,321 kilowatt hours
*Data provided by Iron Mountain, May 2013.